The Giedo van der Garde case will continue into Saturday after a short session in court this afternoon – but a resolution appears to be at hand.
The two sides are now clearly talking and attempting to come to a solution without the drama of bailiffs entering the paddock to seize the cars. A source told this writer that both sides are keen for the cars to race this weekend.
Van der Garde’s lawyer told the court that there had been “constructive discussions between the parties which are expected to continue this evening,” and Sauber’s legal representative concurred.
Meanwhile Justice Croft told both sides: “I do wish the parties to talk seriously about resolving this matter by agreement.”
Van der Garde was in the Sauber garage this morning after finally being given a team pass and hence paddock access, and he actually did a seat fitting in his overalls. However, he does not have a superlicence.
Meanwhile after the team opted to miss the first session Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson then took to the track in FP2, reflecting the fact that there appears to be a more positive outlook.
Everyone will be back in court at 0930 on Saturday, and it’s possible that the two sides will tell the judge that they have come to some sort of resolution.