Ken Anderson has responded to reports of the demise of US F1 by claiming that they are exaggerated – and says that he still thinks he has a chance of deferring entry until 2011.
Anderson made his comments to www.autosport.com after it was confirmed that his employees had been told on Tuesday to go home on what amounts to ‘unpaid leave.’
He says there was no point in them carrying on with the current car until the situation was resolved, an explanation with some logic to it, although paying them to stay at home might have been an even better solution.
As I suggested in the previous story, the guys were informed that it might be a temporary situation and thus there was still a glimmer of hope.
However despite Anderson’s optimism sources close to the FIA indicated tonight that it was highly unlikely that the entry would be deferred. As reported earlier, instead the team would be able to re-apply in 2011, assuming there was still a vacancy and a bid process.
Meanwhile one can imagine that the employees who have remained loyal to Anderson – who did not address them about the situation in person – won’t stick around too long to enjoy their unpaid leave status.
We await developments with interest…