Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber say they are raring to go ahead of the test debut of the new Red Bull RB9 in Jerez on Tuesday.
Webber will drive for the first two days before handing over to the triple World Champion.
“We had a very strong finish last season,” said Vettel. “But it was hard as the season was so long – it was important for me to enjoy being home. Pretty soon though I started training again, preparing for the new season and I’m very excited because this is the first time I’ve seen the car in one piece.
“I’ve seen little bits, but it looks very nice, so now we’ll get to see if it works as expected. I’m excited to get going again, to get back in the car, start testing and then go racing. Then, we’ll finally find out where we are.”
Meanwhile Webber is in optimistic mood having shrugged off recent criticism from Red Bull’s Helmut Marko.
“The fact that this is my seventh season with the team is a massive advantage,” said Webber. “I couldn’t have envisaged it when I joined and it’s hard to believe that you could be with the same Formula One team for seven years, as continuity is not always easy to achieve in this sport.
“I think the way we keep people excited and motivated here is important. It’s quite a small operation, but obviously we’re big on ambition and desire and that makes us perform very well. I’ve really enjoyed the years I’ve had here so far and I can’t wait to get going this season.”
2 responses to “Sebastian Vettel: “We’ll get to see if it works as expected…””
It’s amazing that vettle is a double world champion.
3-timer; that’s triple world champion